All Heart Made of Gold jewelry is handmade to the highest quality of 18k gold plating. Our jewelry is designed to be worn everyday. Our care guide will help you maintain your jewelry to ensure its longevity.
Our gold-plated jewelry is made by electroplating 18k gold onto durable brass and silver. All metal will eventually oxidize or fade with natural wear. Gold-plated jewelry requires extra care so we encourage you to follow these simple instructions to get the most wear out of your gold-plated pieces.
- Remove your jewelry when exercising, washing your hands, showering, or swimming. Contact with liquid may cause oxidization or discoloration. In other words, when there’s liquid there should be no wear.
- Cleaning your gold-plated jewelry regularly will increase the lifespan of your piece. We recommend using a professional, high-quality jewelry cleaning solution to clean your jewelry. Do not use harsh chemicals or cleaners that aren’t specifically made for gold-plated jewelry.
- Use a cleaning solution, warm water and a soft cloth to clean your gold-plated items. We don’t recommend using a microfiber or cotton cloth to clean your gold-plated jewelry as this may strip away the plating.
- Keep away from perfume, cosmetics and body and hair sprays.
- Store your jewelry in a secure pouch, box or air-tight container out of direct sunlight and away from heat.