Gold jewelry is a timeless way to show off your style and look beautiful doing it. Gold-filled jewelry is an excellent option for those who want gold jewelry but don't want to spend as much money as solid gold jewelry pieces may cost. This alternative is affordable, durable, long-lasting, high quality, and water-resistant! If you're curious what exactly 14k Gold-Filled jewelry is and how it differs from other types of gold jewelry, this blog is for you.
What Exactly Is 14k Gold-Filled?
Gold-filled means that it is legally required to have 5% pure gold by weight to meet USA industry standards. The process involves bonding multiple layers of 14k gold with extreme heat to create each jewelry product. This process creates high-quality, true-gold jewelry that is both durable and beautiful.
What Is the Difference Between Gold-Plated and Gold-Filled Jewelry?
Gold-finished or gold plating is a very thin layer of gold that can wear off quickly. It's not strictly regulated or has to be held to the same standard as Gold-filled jewelry, which means you won't necessarily even know how much "gold" is really in each piece of jewelry.
On the other hand, Gold-filled jewelry is held to stricter regulations and is transparent with how much gold is in each piece of jewelry. Due to the way it's made, it's higher-quality and more durable than gold-finished jewelry.
Benefits Of 14k Gold-Filled Jewelry
Many wonder exactly what the benefits are of choosing 14k Gold-Filled Jewelry. At Heart Made of Gold, we choose to provide this type of jewelry because it is:
- Water Resistant Jewelry: Unlike gold plated pieces, you can wear 14k Gold-filled without worrying about it chipping or peeling off when exposed to water! This means you can choose to wear it while you shower or swimming. However, with all jewelry, you'll want to avoid chlorine or salt water.
- Long-Lasting And Durable: Because of the solid layer of 14k gold used in each piece, this type of jewelry is extremely long-lasting and very hard to scratch or damage. It has a high-quality, luxurious feel and won't wear down, tarnish, or chip quickly as gold-plated jewelry can do overtime.
- Great For Sensitive Skin: One of the main complaints people have with gold-plated jewelry is that it can cause skin irritations. 14k Gold-filled doesn't contain any other alloys, so there's no risk of causing an allergic reaction or irritation for those who are sensitive to certain metals.
- Affordable: While this type of jewelry isn't cheap by any means, it's much more affordable than solid gold pieces. The price point is well worth the investment for such a beautiful, high-quality piece of jewelry that will last forever!
- Higher Gold Content: Many people are surprised to learn that 14k Gold-filled jewelry actually has a higher gold content than gold plated. However, this is the most amount of gold you'll find in a piece of jewelry unless it's solid gold.
Find Your Dream Jewelry Pieces at Heart Made Of Gold Website
If you're looking for 14k Gold-Filled jewelry pieces that are high-quality and affordable, look no further than Heart Made Of Gold's website. Shop our 14k gold-filled collection today. From gorgeous necklaces like our bestselling Herringbone necklace and bracelets to stunning earrings such as our Medium Tube Hoops and rings, you're sure to find the right piece to fit your aesthetic.